MNHS Alumni Community

A site to where alumni of MNHS - Mankayan National High School can communicate together.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 What To do? MNHS recent landslide

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
sean_louie

avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28
Location : La Trinidad, Benguet

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:05 am

What to do?
Hmmmmm...
Conduct EIA, then implement the recommendations.,.
Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://environmentalscientists.ning.com
jobal



Posts : 48
Join date : 2009-06-24
Age : 33
Location : Doha, Qatar

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:47 pm

sean_louie wrote:

Conduct EIA, then implement the recommendations.,.

Environmental Impact Assesment is a different thing, it is a study done before any man-made alterations to nature are implemented. It is a study done moslty by Environmental and Sanitary Engineers before any big projects are started(could also be a part of Feasibility Studies) such as mining projects, dams, large buildings, etc..This studies are also the basis of DENR to give or deny Environmental Clearance Certificate(ECC) It is actually a good law ngem gapo t kinakurakot t tattao ado latta makaluslusot.

Cencia if offending ang dating, i just wanted to share what i know since i'm in this field.Although it's not my exact field, we were forced to learn this things kasi in college..hehe Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sean_louie

avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28
Location : La Trinidad, Benguet

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:39 pm

Well that's just knowledge sir, and am not offended - i think am old enough to accept corrections.,. ^_^ And am thinking... yes you're right.,. ^_^

Ok, let me rephrase my statement...

What to do?
Hmmmmmmmmm...
Ask help/guidance from the EIA Team, then implement their recommendations Laughing

At least kaC kung galing sa kanila ang ideas, their mitigating measures scopes a wider view.,.
... in my opinion.,. ^_^ Very Happy

Ahhh, there's problem here.,. EIA Team have to study the area to provide more relevant measures. But they have to rush the study in 3 weeks ( pero matagal pa rin ang 3 weeks - just looking at the current situation.,.)

So... just ask questions from them, they can help one way or another.,. Jajajaja
(Ang dami qng sinabi, dun lng pala ang bagsak) Jeje Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://environmentalscientists.ning.com
Cherry
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:38 pm

jobal wrote:
sean_louie wrote:

Conduct EIA, then implement the recommendations.,.

Environmental Impact Assesment is a different thing, it is a study done before any man-made alterations to nature are implemented. It is a study done moslty by Environmental and Sanitary Engineers before any big projects are started(could also be a part of Feasibility Studies) such as mining projects, dams, large buildings, etc..This studies are also the basis of DENR to give or deny Environmental Clearance Certificate(ECC) It is actually a good law ngem gapo t kinakurakot t tattao ado latta makaluslusot.

Cencia if offending ang dating, i just wanted to share what i know since i'm in this field.Although it's not my exact field, we were forced to learn this things kasi in college..hehe Smile Smile Smile

hmm buti na lang sinagot ni jobal eto was thinking kung ano yun ei hahaha... xenxa na i'm not in that field kasi that's why... Smile

_________________
[i] I can all things through christ which strengtheneth me... Phil 4:13
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sean_louie

avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28
Location : La Trinidad, Benguet

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:25 am

NoseBleeD.,. Jheje.,. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://environmentalscientists.ning.com
msabit

avatar

Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-06-24
Location : Oman

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:44 am

sean_louie wrote:
What to do?
Hmmmmm...
Conduct EIA, then implement the recommendations.,.
Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

this is a nosebleed in my brain
Back to top Go down
View user profile
msabit

avatar

Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-06-24
Location : Oman

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:09 am

..whew..kasla tuloy nga out of tune..but i believe there are many ways we can solve things out..we then appreciate your effort in infusing options and ideas,we will wait for the further updates coming from the group of eng'r aniceto thru chezter tuazon so we could finally do some move...asap..guys if you knoe of an international group whom you can address our present situation ...we'll make connections thru you..we appreciate you much if things will work out in speedy mode..bdw, here is the position letter..i'll let Jony encode it.
eish...joni is missing...jooonniiii...bading... where are you!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jobal



Posts : 48
Join date : 2009-06-24
Age : 33
Location : Doha, Qatar

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:05 am

msabit wrote:
oh my gosh,this was supposed to be posted july 17 in this dscussion area,i jaz dunno what happened...bdw, here guys...

nabasa ko nga ang post na to nun, nagtataka ako kung bakit nawala, i just thought it was intentionaly removed by ms. mounar e hindi naman pala..anyway i agree that if anybody out there has connections to foriegn individuals or organizations who migth be able to help us then please seek their help.Especially in the investigation process, hindi kasi tau cgurado sa mga investigations na ginagawa ng mga kababayan natin jan dahil sa kakulangan ng mga gamit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
msabit

avatar

Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-06-24
Location : Oman

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:29 am

,pls check WANGO( world ass.n of non-gov't org.)...got no time yet kc...dat guy in blond bka alam nya 2...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sean_louie

avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-07-18
Age : 28
Location : La Trinidad, Benguet

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:07 am

Madams, sirs, I really don't know much about the tragedy... So... may I just ask what's the reason behind it as perceived by the pros?
Is it the mining? or soil type? or... what?
Tangkyu.,. Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://environmentalscientists.ning.com
Cherry
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:50 am

jobal wrote:
msabit wrote:
oh my gosh,this was supposed to be posted july 17 in this dscussion area,i jaz dunno what happened...bdw, here guys...

nabasa ko nga ang post na to nun, nagtataka ako kung bakit nawala, i just thought it was intentionaly removed by ms. mounar e hindi naman pala...

with regards to the post i also thought it was removed by mounar since this is post twice, sa midweek meeting ata yun & dito... ei upon reading the post nd nmn pala.. anyways in behalf of the administrators our apologies... thanks a lot.... God bless... Smile

_________________
[i] I can all things through christ which strengtheneth me... Phil 4:13
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikee

avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-06-21
Location : NY,USA

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:38 pm

As of now I think the best thing we could do is to wait for whatever final resolution they would come up post investigation. I know its exasperating to wait but that's how it is back home. The people became so tolerant with how the government works there.

I just don't want this forum to be a sort of a fault finding avenue but rather we try to draw positivity with what happened. Seeing MNHS alumni gathering together with a common goal is a good start. As a cohesive group may be we should all be more visible in making our petitions known. I believe it had been started by our home based comrades and we try to supplement through this forum. The damage had been done and let's look forward to rebuilding. Making people responsible for their actions would soon ensue.

I laud people who are ingenious enough to make suggestions and I believe they are always made with good intent. Having an outsider agency to do the study would be an ideal set up due to their supposed unbiased conclusion but its not as simple as what we are thinking. Even if there's a foreign agency who is willing to do it there will always be a question of jurisdiction.

Let's be more watchful though and make sure our eyes aren't closed and let's make sure our voices are not unheard. We put too much trust to our home based comrades to be our frontliners and always keep us posted. Just let us know of your plans and we try our best to help in the implementation of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikee

avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-06-21
Location : NY,USA

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:42 pm

Hey dyords it's good you identified yourself to me.... I haven't seen any posts from you lately though. Enyan ngay kabsat ag share ka met a nu adda ammom nga updates dita besides what we already read here.
I'm giving you 24 hours to reply or else your incognito persona will be bound for disclosure. That's a serious threat hahaha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SakuraMae
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 153
Join date : 2009-06-21
Location : Kanagawa Prefecture, JPN

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Cherry wrote:
jobal wrote:
msabit wrote:
oh my gosh,this was supposed to be posted july 17 in this dscussion area,i jaz dunno what happened...bdw, here guys...

nabasa ko nga ang post na to nun, nagtataka ako kung bakit nawala, i just thought it was intentionaly removed by ms. mounar e hindi naman pala...

with regards to the post i also thought it was removed by mounar since this is post twice, sa midweek meeting ata yun & dito... ei upon reading the post nd nmn pala.. anyways in behalf of the administrators our apologies... thanks a lot.... God bless... Smile

uhh..sorry about that, guys..Hubert & i had organized some topics. We both agreed that it would be much easier for evryone to browse the page since it's startng to confuse our viewers..and this is actually someone's suggestion among the members so we considered the idea..

By the way, Mounar's updates were all moved to The Home Team.

thanks a lot.

_________________
smt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:22 am

SakuraMae wrote:
Cherry wrote:
jobal wrote:
msabit wrote:
oh my gosh,this was supposed to be posted july 17 in this dscussion area,i jaz dunno what happened...bdw, here guys...

nabasa ko nga ang post na to nun, nagtataka ako kung bakit nawala, i just thought it was intentionaly removed by ms. mounar e hindi naman pala...

with regards to the post i also thought it was removed by mounar since this is post twice, sa midweek meeting ata yun & dito... ei upon reading the post nd nmn pala.. anyways in behalf of the administrators our apologies... thanks a lot.... God bless... Smile

uhh..sorry about that, guys..Hubert & i had organized some topics. We both agreed that it would be much easier for evryone to browse the page since it's startng to confuse our viewers..and this is actually someone's suggestion among the members so we considered the idea..

By the way, Mounar's updates were all moved to The Home Team.

thanks a lot.

ahh home team pala yun... xenxa na mali po ako... antok na kasi ako kagabi hahaha...
anyways yun pala yung reason na nawala dito yung post na yun... Smile

_________________
[i] I can all things through christ which strengtheneth me... Phil 4:13
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SakuraMae
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 153
Join date : 2009-06-21
Location : Kanagawa Prefecture, JPN

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:56 pm

Cherry wrote:
ahh home team pala yun... xenxa na mali po ako... antok na kasi ako kagabi hahaha...anyways yun pala yung reason na nawala dito yung post na yun...

yeap, it's there. Reserved for Mounar's posts lng un...LOL! Sori tlaga at d nmin nainform agad...and sau dn Mounar, xenxa n po..Wink


Though more likely, we'll be still monitoring the topics and if we find something unusual and unpleasant, then might be forced to make some changes to maintain our site's environment...Neutral so, we just hope na wlang mgiging pasaway haha..Razz

_________________
smt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SakuraMae
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 153
Join date : 2009-06-21
Location : Kanagawa Prefecture, JPN

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:21 pm

mikee wrote:
Hey dyords it's good you identified yourself to me.... I haven't seen any posts from you lately though. Enyan ngay kabsat ag share ka met a nu adda ammom nga updates dita besides what we already read here.
I'm giving you 24 hours to reply or else your incognito persona will be bound for disclosure. That's a serious threat hahaha.


hala..mdaya ka pla mnong/ading(?) dyords.. ba't s akin hindi!? pkilala kna kc..

_________________
smt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikee

avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-06-21
Location : NY,USA

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:03 pm

Don't worry Saki.... he will, soon.... hehehe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:52 am

SakuraMae wrote:

yeap, it's there. Reserved for Mounar's posts lng un...LOL! Sori tlaga at d nmin nainform agad...and sau dn Mounar, xenxa n po..Wink


Though more likely, we'll be still monitoring the topics and if we find something unusual and unpleasant, then might be forced to make some changes to maintain our site's environment...Neutral so, we just hope na wlang mgiging pasaway haha..Razz

hmm sa araw araw nmn na pagvivisit ko sa site so far ala pa namang naging pasaway ei... about nmn sa topics ei basta beneficial sa lahat.... Smile Smile Smile God bless everyone...

_________________
[i] I can all things through christ which strengtheneth me... Phil 4:13
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SakuraMae
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 153
Join date : 2009-06-21
Location : Kanagawa Prefecture, JPN

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:26 am

mikee wrote:
Don't worry Saki.... he will, soon.... hehehe.

ehehe...but his time limit is over kya ibuking mo n xa, teh! hihi! rabbit rabbit

_________________
smt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SakuraMae
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 153
Join date : 2009-06-21
Location : Kanagawa Prefecture, JPN

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:55 am

Cherry wrote:

hmm sa araw araw nmn na pagvivisit ko sa site so far ala pa namang naging pasaway ei... about nmn sa topics ei basta beneficial sa lahat.... Smile Smile Smile God bless everyone...

it's just a precaution ading coz we want this site to last long..lhat nman tau d2 we feel the same..Neutral

_________________
smt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2009-06-20
Location : Table Front, House

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:13 am

SakuraMae wrote:


...
...

By the way, Mounar's updates were all moved to The Home Team.

thanks a lot.

I actually agreed on this one..
since the topics that are to be discussed with serious tone should be really handled properly..

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mnhs.forumotion.net
dyords



Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-06-30
Location : Cada

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:42 pm

mikee wrote:
Hey dyords it's good you identified yourself to me.... I haven't seen any posts from you lately though. Enyan ngay kabsat ag share ka met a nu adda ammom nga updates dita besides what we already read here.
I'm giving you 24 hours to reply or else your incognito persona will be bound for disclosure. That's a serious threat hahaha.

Hahaha. Wen met ah. Im sorry guys. Dont worry I am always looking on this page. Invisible mode. Lately my new training course just started so medyo pakita gilas muna ako magaral. I'm offline on tuesdays to thursdays so madami namiss. I will try to report some updates by next week when the boss comes home. Nagbakasyon eh.

Sakura. ay ay na. Awni pay lang.

Anyway, IMO let everyone be aware muna. And the best effort to do so far is to contact our own batch while the deliberation on what to do based on investigations and recommendations is being cook pa or on going or slowly moving forward. Alam naman natin na medyo passive ang alumni natin (even our own batch) pero don't stop knocking on their doors. Magigising din mga yan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   

Back to top Go down
 
What To do? MNHS recent landslide
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Recent Articles about Buddhism, meditation and Zen
» La. Sinkhole Area Landslide! Worst Fears Coming True July 10
» MCA Recent Circulars.......
» MCA : Recent Circulars and notifications
» S.14A Important Judgements --- recent case laws

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MNHS Alumni Community :: MNHS Alumni :: Discussion Area-
Jump to: