MNHS Alumni Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MNHS Alumni Community

A site to where alumni of MNHS - Mankayan National High School can communicate together.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What To do? MNHS recent landslide

Go down 
+8
jobal
Admin
Hubert
carlo mecua
Cherry
airwind0821
SakuraMae
mikee
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mikee

mikee

What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:53 pm

I totally understand the concern on how the money should be handled coz I know that it had always been a struggle when money gets involved.
But before we even start talking of the money I believe its still wise to wait for the final report on what tangible work that needs to be done based on the investigation. To those who are attending the july 2nd meeting kindly take into consideration the suggestion of jobal abt the immediate relief.
But as to the long term plan that I think we should be more involved I think my previous querry needs to be resolved by the investigating body first. If they feel that rehabiltation is more than possible then may be we can get involved with the CR construction as suggested but if relocation is the only resor then building that CR would be futile.
Let's be patient enough till they give us update on what will transpire to that meeting..
Back to top Go down
jobal

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 12:20 am

rigth...so somebody must inform us first if theres a need to relocate.and that must be very disturbing news if indeed a relocation is needed..cause it means that the damage is far larger than what i imagined..from what i thought kasi those buildings near the science laboratory,the science high buiding,the new 4th yr building(dangwa bldg i guess) and the covered gym are far thus still safe and spared.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 4:32 am

I am proposing a plan that we should gather as much alumni member as we can to help out. I think it would be much better that we should organize things in here first. I think the government of Mankayan is doing what they can as well.
Back to top Go down
https://mnhs.forumotion.net
jobal

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 3:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 1:42 am

jobal wrote:
old news you might be interested with..ala lng magawa..hehe

http://www.baguiomidlandcourier.com.ph/environment.asp?mode= archives/2009/june/6-21-2009/env3.txt
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/baguio/make-mankayan-village-danger-zone-mines-bureau
http://www.bulatlat.com/main/2009/06/20/a-familiar-disaster-in-benguet-town-the-ground-shakes-and-houses-disappear/

I fully understand your point.. believe me I do..

I just think that we should organize things first..
we must have a common goal and pattern to solve things..
we should handle it in a systematic way..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 1:43 am

I just think that sending funds right now cannot make much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
SakuraMae
SakuraMae

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 1:52 am

Admin wrote:

u have a point but the students are badly in need of CRs right now....we must really do something about it..Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:08 am

SakuraMae wrote:
Admin wrote:

u have a point but the students are badly in need of CRs right now....we must really do something about it..Rolling Eyes

we have to wait.. in the mean time.. informing every member of the alumni should be a top priority..
construction of a better facility can be done in a month.. just with proper funding..
Back to top Go down
SakuraMae
SakuraMae

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:21 am

Admin wrote:
SakuraMae wrote:
Admin wrote:

we have to wait.. in the mean time.. informing every member of the alumni should be a top priority..
construction of a better facility can be done in a month.. just with proper funding..

yeah..i hope so...Sad

it's juz that, we are running out of time since the area is confirmed as danger zone...Laughing
Back to top Go down
SakuraMae
SakuraMae

PostSubject: hapi weekend   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 6:35 am

any up dates, stef..Question
check ur PM Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mikee

mikee

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 6:45 am

Both of u have a point but I think building a CR now that would be a part of the ravine soon would be a total waste of money and effort. If only they could give us a feedback that an official report could at least say the area could at least last years and not days then we could probably re visit the option to build a CR ASAP.
Back to top Go down
SakuraMae
SakuraMae

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 6:54 am

mikee wrote:
Both of u have a point..

...hmm..i juz wonder, who cn b d bst person to contact..? there should b atleast a board of committee, indeed...
taz adda kuma met t teacher(s) d2y nga agregister tpnu updated tau fr time to time..Neutral Rolling Eyes

Last edited by SakuraMae on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
carlo mecua

PostSubject: Transparency   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:50 am

For the purpose of transparency, I suggest that a committee be created composed of MNHS Alumni who are currently working with MNHS, the local government and country representatives (if possible).

Having an alumni coordination center at MNHS offices which will do the coordination among members will be also a good idea..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/carlo.mecua
jobal

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 12:40 pm

i think before we can make a bold move here, we first need an A1 information as to how the real situation is. And while waiting for that CIA report, we can still start on calling those we know preferably those with-in the goverment especially teachers who are alumni themselves as suggested by one of our friends who can volunteer as handlers of our noble project. Ang sa akin lng po kasi, kahit naman wala tong tragedy na to hindi naman po masama na magsponsor tayo ng isang project para sa paaralang pinanggalingan natin.We can name that as a School CR even with-out a location for the meantime and i'm sure that collecting funds from our fellow alumni's will take time anyway.So while starting our fund raising we can simultaneuosly plan as to where to put the CR..maparelocation man, repair man or as is ang ending ng MNHS i'm sure na may ibang paggagamitan ng pera if ever na hindi nga kailangan ang CR.

On lighter note, let as see this tragedy as something that joined us together. Alumni's who still cared for their school and alumni's who want to give back.This kind of 'meeting place' never existed before and now that it was started by this tragedy, why don't we grab this oppurtunity of being able to 'meet' and come up with something that will benefit our common ground?

This forum just started and if you noticed it's getting bigger, healthy and has a lot of promise.We can make this as an information bank with matters regarding our school and also as a tool for reaching our fellow alumni's even those who can't access the internet. So i guess you can imagine how far we can go with this, having said all of those things im sure that no effort will be wasted here.

What we really need to accomplish now is to pinpoint our prioties.As suggested by many we need a committe based in mankayan or baguio or other place with easy access to mankayan.A committee who shall go hand-in-hand with the present faculties of our school.a committee with transparency and with members whom we can all trust.Next is a report on as to what is the real situation in MNHS.And next is to reach out for all fellow alumni's who are interested in joining our cause.But i guess our top priority here is to have somebody here in the group who is willing to become a coordinator of our current group to the faculties of MNHS and to the current alumni officers.How can we accomplish the first two priorities i mentioned if we are all confined in this forum?So if somebody want to raise her/his hand then the job is yours..hehe...paunang salamat na lng sau kapatid...

ken tapno malpas t problema tau no cno da t mangbuo ijay nga committe our coordinator can also request the faculty to help para mas madali.

Last edited by jobal on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vangie '80

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 4:59 am

True... What is really needed is a committee based here in Mankayan to coordinate whatever plans and activities that may come up - with the school, the municipality and with you guys overseas... please be patient we are organizing ourselves here... as we have said, we will be having a meeting for Mankayan based MNHS alumni here at the municipal libary tomorrow at 5:00 pm... I'll relay all your concerns and postings...We'll give our updates tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:19 am

EVANGELINE wrote:
True... What is really needed is a committee based here in Mankayan to coordinate whatever plans and activities that may come up - with the school, the municipality and with you guys overseas... please be patient we are organizing ourselves here... as we have said, we will be having a meeting for Mankayan based MNHS alumni here at the municipal libary tomorrow at 5:00 pm... I'll relay all your concerns and postings...We'll give our updates tomorrow...

thanks for that ate vangie we will be waiting for the updates....
also if you can have an officer much better i guess so that someone should update us from time to time whats the real status of our school & place...
God bless...
Back to top Go down
jobal

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:07 am

very well, now ada en coordinator tayo para dtoy nga group ken jy Mankayan-based alumni in the person of our manang Evangeline..so mayat t taray na daytoy nga discussion at least may nakikita tayong positive developments..and now they are on their way to organizing our proposed committee..so what can i say with these developments..well i'm very impressed..let's all say our thanks to our manang Evangeline..so now kailangan tau t damag no kasano met t sitwasyon ijy ken no anya t suggestions da or no anya t makuna dagijy Mankayan- based alumni tau panggep jy school CR nga proposal..they are in better position to determine if our proposed CR is in good location and will not be wasted..May God bless us all..
Back to top Go down
SakuraMae
SakuraMae

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 4:37 pm

EVANGELINE wrote:

The updates...perhaps u can open a new topic and post them on the "Campus Informations" sec. inorder to minimize and organize the page...Surprised
mdyo crowded n d2..Rolling Eyes
i will find time to reorganize the topics, though.. Neutral
Tnx, manang Jelyn Smile
Back to top Go down
SakuraMae
SakuraMae

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:21 am

EVANGELINE wrote:
the meeting pushed thru this afternoon as earlier informed by a core group of mankayan based MNHS alumni... the minutes of the meeting will be posted tomorrow by Chester Tuazon who was assigned to do it... it was decided that the group make a tour around the school first to assess the damages and know what are the immediate improvements/rehabilitations that needs to be done as well as be able to meet with the faculty and admin of the school before taking any action... the tour is scheduled ASAP - possibly this weekend... another meeting is scheduled nxt wednesday to invite more alumni to join and present post tour evaluation of the school situation... by then we will be able to point focal persons and give you reports on what is really the priority needs of our alma mater... meantime continue to invite more of our co-alumni to register... A Blessed day to one and all...

great to hear that..tlaga iman ni Chester a..maaasahan..Very Happy tnx a lot manang Jelyn..
Back to top Go down
jobal

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 2:20 pm

salamat sa balita...May God bless your days there also..
Back to top Go down
msabit

msabit

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:48 am

Comfort Room is a basic element in an institution,it must be a built-in design.How could you imagine a human body without excretory area.I found this suggestion irrelevant to the present situation.But if u think that this constitute a big bite in problem-solving...we will give the floor in defense of this option.So we'll see how we can connect it.What if they're in the right tract...It is very important that we must provide a system or guidelines as we go on with our short and long term goal,we're just like a "pirate of the carribean" na walang mapang sinisunod beside we all want and deserve an acceptable end-result without any remorse...
Back to top Go down
dyords

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:12 pm

Very good now you are posting...Hihihi!!! Very Happy
Guys we are not in a hurry here to come up with a project. Madami pang dadaanan at lilikuhan. For the meantime, let us encourage every alumni to come up or show up. Ta rumwar da adi. At least the train had been started. Site visit will be next week so guys please be informed. Keep on calling those alumni where ever they are. Try and try untill they will show up. ANy medium will do, text, emails, phones, inuman, kainan, basta agpakita da met.
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 11:25 pm

to ate vangie & to mounar thanks a lot for the information..
hmm so si chester pala ang gagawa sa ibang updates... we will be waiting for that...
God bless everyone... Smile
Back to top Go down
jobal

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:27 pm

well nice to hear that an investigation will be carried out..haanak pai gamin mamati ijy initial reports t MGB..MGB is a goverment agency and they can be paid by somebody who wants to hide something..if only we can afford to hire experts abroad with their hightech gadgets then i will be convinced it's really a within a fault line.I know of a gadget being used in oil exploration and archaeology where they can determine cavities underneath with the use of sonars.If only we can get hold of that. I think the LGU does not want to spend on preventing further damage to the grounds until they have results of investigations kasi ano pa nga ba ang gamit kung lulubog dn lng pala ang lahat.So if you noticed the pictures, what they were able to do was to provide those barricades meaning that their only concern as of now is the immediate safety of the students.And i guess noboby is concerned in saving those grounds..A short term solution must first be focused in buying time until a long term solution can be decided.Like diverting rainwaters going to those wash-out areas,..If we'll be able to buy time until summer then we can implement a more longer solution.A long term solution im sure will involve a huge amount of money and this where politics will enter..The goverment spends money based on benefit-cost ratios,.so if studies will show that MNHS grounds is worth saving then that's the time long term solutions can be set..i know of at least 5 long term solutions to save those grounds and all are expensive so i guess the goverment would rather spend that money in relocating than in saving those grounds.So if the LGU were able to see that already then that's maybe the reason why we can't see remedial measures being done.So if we understand the logic it seems that actually theres really no need to wait for investigations before deciding, it would only make a big difference if the results of such investigations will show that Lepanto is the culprit.In that case theres no more need for benefit-cost studies cause we can demand Lepanto to restore what it destroyed.So investigations are important after all.

what make me feel doubtful that is was indeed caused by a fault line underneath is the fact that those ground had been there for a million years,has received more rains before and then suddenly the rocks underneath became weak to carry the grounds?The strongest earthquake in 1991 to hit mankayan did not break it and suddenly it failed?for me it just don't make sense at all to say that it was caused by the weakening of rocks and that it was located along a fault line.
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 10:44 pm

thanks mounar for the updates...
even if im not in the meeting but with your reaction i guess we are facing the worst scenario here., please do correct me if i'm wrong...
& unfortunately i guess they are not also listening i mean the concerned person., well its time for the alumnis to stand out... it's time to come out & let your voices be heard...
if we love our school & hometown i urge you to speak...
remember we are running out of time here.. Sad
God bless us all....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What To do? MNHS recent landslide   What To do? MNHS recent landslide - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What To do? MNHS recent landslide
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next